2019 Stealth Package Image

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Great article.

"In a supercar landscape increasingly occupied by wonder cars with all-wheel drive and electronically controlled handling, it’s refreshing to drive something this fast and capable with a chassis that doesn’t rely on computer-aided wizardry like four-wheel steering and torque vectoring, but instead on battle-tested motorsport engineering. A race car, in other words.

The GT may have been built first and foremost to win at Le Mans, but the added benefit, for those lucky enough to score one of the 1000 planned production models, is a pure, genuine driving experience. It not only shows what a large company like Ford is still capable of accomplishing, but also how racing continues to both improve and redefine the breed."

These guys should all save there time and energy reviewing the GT. Black screen has put his extensive knowledge of trucks and SUVs to use and has slammed the gavel. The GT is no supercar!!!

Have you made up your mind yet at what constitutes a supercar? Price seems very important to you. Whether or not it is able to be modified by aftermarket, whether it will support upgrade to 1,000hp, so many qualifications you have gone through during our back and forth!! #moving target

Also there are many more publications that have it at 2.9-3.0

Man I only posted that article in reference to speed compared to the Tesla X, but you just couldn't help your fanboy-gasms! Get a grip homie.

Lol, suspension not built from race engineering.....

"The GT has quite a lot of input from a company called Multimatic as a ‘build partner’ and it is basically the Hogwarts of suspension theory. It supplies things called ‘dynamic suspension spool valves’ instead of shims in dampers, as featured in lots of things, from the AMG GT to the Aston Vulcan and One-77. And which must be good, because they’ve been used in Red Bull Racing’s F1 cars and equip pretty much half the field at Le Mans.

The GT features a weirdly brilliant suspension consisting of sets of double-stacked springs, torsion bars and control arms, all controlled by electronic actuators. In road modes, both springs work. Good. In Track mode, the top spring is effectively locked out, halving the spring rate and making the torsion bars work harder."

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/speed-week-2017-ford-gt-vs-mclaren-720s-vs-performante

You people are hilarious.

Supercar = all around performer.....

The GT is a purpose built track car much like the miatas of the world are these days lmao.

Unless your making consistent figure eights, or power sliding to a short back stretch the GT will forever remain a limited run marketing stunt to pimp the EcoBoost. In other words good for Ford for being successful in their marketing department, now let's take that kinda creativity to the branding so since they need some help there.

Lol, a freaking 11 1/4......

Should I go here....?

The Demon cuts a 10.3 weighing almost 5klbs. Not a supercar, but it's built for speed and they're a blast to daily drive. I'm sure the GT would be fun as well taking it through the ring..... oh wait, Ford hasn't produced results there yet. Oh well always 2019 around the corner.

Im done debating with your fanboy-isms!

Amazing how legendary NA machines like the Saleen S7, and Clk-GTR have become distant memories for sake of tiny boosted motors with the equivalent of a diet coke can body panels and a frame that makes a 6 year olds tinker toys playset look more structurally sound.

No wonder F1 and Lemans is losing spectators and sponsors.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
I'll leave this here...... this is only 2 months old.

Like I said 720s is my pick. The 911 is just on another planet, and Porsche just giggles because they know they're holding back and still winning.

historical-lap-times-2018c-1540306051.jpg

Last edited:

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
VIR and the Ring are imho no comparison.

car-feature-car-and-driver-photo-688002-s-original.jpg

nurb.gif

Its my guess, since the low end power of the GT isn't on par with others it can't leave the turns as hard as some of the others on the Ring.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread closed.

Next time stay on topic and if you have off-topic material to debate, you can open a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.