2023 Sequoia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really wish Ford would offer the PowerBoost in the Expedition to one-up the competition. Seems like a no-brainer with parts they already have from the F150.
Another wonder. I guess either it's a supply issue, wanting to keep price down until redesign, or waiting for competition, who knows.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another wonder. I guess either it's a supply issue, wanting to keep price down until redesign, or waiting for competition, who knows.
Well, Toyota is now competition since it is a hybrid. I am really hoping this kicks Ford in the rear end to get the powerboost integrated.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really wish Ford would offer the PowerBoost in the Expedition to one-up the competition. Seems like a no-brainer with parts they already have from the F150.

i would order tomorrow if this was released.

can’t help but wonder what the chances of them adding for 23 MY? or if it’s hopeless till the redesign :-/

i guess we will find out soon enough... but definitely not upgrading until then.... maybe a timberline HO + powerboost? lord i would get myself in trouble in short order !!!!

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 1/2 ton based full size SUV market is about to get pretty competitive in 2023. Updated 2022 Expedition, 2023 Toyota Sequoia, and the long wheel base Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneers.

StephenPT

Reaction score
Word on the street is that kia/hyundai are looking into bldg a fs suv as well.
I wonder what they will use for the underpinning? Honda hasn't built a full-size SUV, since their only pickup (Ridgeline) is a uni-body construction. I don't think there's enough production volume in the FS SUV space to justify designing a chassis exclusively for that market. When a company can leverage their 1/2 ton pickup truck chassis, then it's a no-brainer to also offer a FS SUV.

As far as the 2023 Sequoia, I can't believe they went from having one of the more comfortable 3rd rows in the FS SUV segment, to what looks to be barely useable by adults. My wife and I have been on the sidelines waiting to decide between Expedition Max, Suburban or Sequoia. We were holding out hope that they would lengthen the Sequoia a bit to get ~30cuft of cargo space behind the third row, but that obviously didn't happen and to make it worse they made the seating ergonomics, what looks to be, as bad as the pre-'21 Tahoe. Well, that makes the decision easier for us as we now only have two options for our big family.

gural

Reaction score
From mu point of view the front grill is like new bmw... and dont like it
but i see that the 3rd row beanch can be slide front/ back what is a good idea