Auto start stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would think for $70K+, you would be able to customize it anyway you want and it stays that way until you decide you don’t want or need it anymore.

I think it‘s a regulatory issue. My BMW cost just as much and works the same way.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bet in order to meet the mileage requirements that it has to be on by default and then let the end user manually turn it off each time.
If that is the case I'm wondering why you can bypass ASS as an option on the 2022's? (At least I believe remember reading that about the 22's)

Last edited:

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is correct

I just used forscan since it is free to get rid of start stop
My understanding is using Forscan to get rid of ASS creates some bad issues. Might want to rethink that route.

Post by @LokiWolf

Last edited:

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My understanding is using Forscan to get rid of ASS creates some bad issues. Might want to rethink that route.

Post by @LokiWolf
I have had it deactivated on my 2018 almost right after I bought it. No issues going on 32k miles

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had it deactivated on my 2018 almost right after I bought it. No issues going on 32k miles
Found the post I was thinking of by @LokiWolf

However, hard to argue with someone who is stating no issues. Glad that ForScan route has worked for you. Perhaps Loki will chime in.

All I can say is I'm happy with the AutoStop Eliminator and appreciate not worrying about anything listed in the above post.

TheLastGentleman

Reaction score
Just FYI the autostop eliminator hasn't been checked against a 2022 model yet. Does anyone know if there are changes to the wiring harness for the Sync 4A style dash? I'm guessing its the same.