Differences Between 2018 and 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbobcat

Reaction score
Apologies if I'm missing this information somewhere else. I'm new to the Expedition universe. We're looking at a MAX Platinum and struggling to understand what sets the 2019 apart from the 2018.
The best I've been able to find is:

"...subtle but needed changes such as removing the CD player and dual-zone temperature control is replaced with a tri-zone automatic temperature control." (https://www.chastangford.com/2019-ford-expedition-preorder-testdrive.htm)

Can anyone provide any definitive info? Can anyone explain what that temperature control factoid is about? Thanks!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changes are very minimal. Theres a cpl added packages to the limited model, and xlts now have sync std. Some colors were added or changed. As far as function is concerned, they are mostly the same. As far as tri zone climate control, im guessing thr driver has more control over the rear seat controls but mines has rear auto climate control so its already tri zone.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 20" wheel option for Limited models have bright machined spokes with dark gray painted pockets for 2018. For 2019, the entire 20" wheel is painted dark gray including the spokes. The Ford configurator still identifies the 2019 wheels with the 2018 description, which is misleading in my opinion.

Photo of 2018 Limited 20" wheels with machined spokes:

IMG_0941.JPG

Photo of the 2019 Limited 20" gray wheels below (notice the silver center cap carries over from the 2018 wheels).

2019-ford-expedition-limited-silver-spruce-metallic-0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gbobcat

Reaction score
Thank you! We ended up with a 2019 MAX Texas Edition. 2 days in and very happy!

byz250f

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cost cutting on 2019 MY...leather is replaced by active X for second and third row (fake leather), Ford connect went from being free for 5 years to only 1 year now. Glad I got an 18.