Ford extended warranty???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edwin C Aldredge

Reaction score
I pretty much always buy an extended warranty, and I've never failed to get my money's worth out of it. I'm a BAD GAMBLE for the warranty side of the Insurance game.....

CPO 2010 FX4 had a motor take a dump within 100 miles of the warranty expiring. Brand new 5.4 with more warranty, several weeks of a rental car while they hem-hawed around trying NOT to cover it, etc. Best $1200 I ever spent I think.

Great links to online discounts of Ford Premium ESP, thanks! I'm closing the deal on my wife's new Expedition Thursday so this thread just saved me money because I was DEFINITELY going to get the warranty.

zoey2015

Reaction score
Buying an ESP from Flood Ford and several other online sources has been talked about often and for a long time. It seems that someone would have actually bought it and found out if the final cost is the same or not!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

O5111

Reaction score
I go through my vehicles fairly often, so I usually wait until 35,000 miles. Then I buy a warranty through Flood Ford. It is the same as what your dealer sells. It is added to your VIN in the system after you buy it. Flood Ford is also great when it comes to issuing the refund if you sell before it expires.

zoey2015

Reaction score
I go through my vehicles fairly often, so I usually wait until 35,000 miles. Then I buy a warranty through Flood Ford. It is the same as what your dealer sells. It is added to your VIN in the system after you buy it. Flood Ford is also great when it comes to issuing the refund if you sell before it expires.
Was the final cost the same as what you paid for when you bought it online? Or was it adjusted based on the trim level?

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was the final cost the same as what you paid for when you bought it online? Or was it adjusted based on the trim level?

It's a fixed price from Flood which was way less than others quoted me. They don't even ask about trim level. I purchased from here on my 2017 after shopping around. Since it's a Ford Factory warranty, it is good at any Ford dealership. This one figured out they can make a little profit by selling many vs your local dealer maximizing the return. Good luck.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp6HdwO7N4gIV1YWzCh3YZgYqEAAYASAAEgKdH_D_BwE

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a fixed price from Flood which was way less than others quoted me. They don't even ask about trim level. I purchased from here on my 2017 after shopping around. Since it's a Ford Factory warranty, it is good at any Ford dealership. This one figured out they can make a little profit by selling many vs your local dealer maximizing the return. Good luck.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp6HdwO7N4gIV1YWzCh3YZgYqEAAYASAAEgKdH_D_BwE

The reason for selling volume is actually so that more, and higher cost, service repairs are approved by Ford, and so this dealership will be at the top of the list (or close enough) to when it comes to waiting for parts as well.

Ray r

Reaction score
Florida has rules on extended warranty that hurt the consumer. Out of state dealerships cannot sell in Florida and I believe Florida dealerships cannot sell out of state. The result is that Florida residents pay more for extended warranties.
I payed $3000 for 8/125 miles.

zoey2015

Reaction score
Bought the 8 years, 100K miles plus lighting coverages with $50 deductible for $1845 from Floodford. There is no difference in trims or option packages. I went to a local Ford dealership to replace the rear brake pads today and asked the service adviser to check my warranty. It is in the system for sure. Lombard was about $200 more for the same coverages even after their discount coupon.