laminated glass stopped a break in...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And sorry about where you live... SF used to be a nice city. I've been there a few times but that was over a decade ago.
Our family's been here a tiny bit over 2 decades since we immigrated from China. Yeah, it used to be better. Now I don't even dare head into SF unless absolutely necessary. It's not even that safe on the edge of the bay area now where I live. If it wasn't for work we would have moved away long time ago, but high tech jobs pay so much. :rolleyes:

This is kind of why I want to see if the windows are all laminated. I guess you can stick some tints on the non-laminated ones to shatterproof them.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our family's been here a tiny bit over 2 decades since we immigrated from China. Yeah, it used to be better. Now I don't even dare head into SF unless absolutely necessary. It's not even that safe on the edge of the bay area now where I live. If it wasn't for work we would have moved away long time ago, but high tech jobs pay so much. :rolleyes:

This is kind of why I want to see if the windows are all laminated. I guess you can stick some tints on the non-laminated ones to shatterproof them.
Windshield, driver and Passenger are double laminated.
On expedition the rear windows all the way back are tempered glass.
On Nav the rear two door windows are double laminated.
The double laminate is for exterior sound reduction.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Again, curious to know where you all are finding this info? I know for a fact that ALL the side glass (front to back) on our 2019 Expedition Max XLT was tempered. I now have a 2020 Platinum and it appears the front might be laminated but I don't know this for certain.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Again, curious to know where you all are finding this info? I know for a fact that ALL the side glass (front to back) on our 2019 Expedition Max XLT was tempered. I now have a 2020 Platinum and it appears the front might be laminated but I don't know this for certain.
Open the window, look at the top edge, if you see two pieces of glass together it’s laminated, if it’s one piece it’s single tempered (technically both types are tempered)

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That list does not seem accurate then. My 2019 did not have laminated glass anywhere but the windshield. I wonder if it was just the nicer models that have it?

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trim / models with laminated door glass were upper trims only. I know my platinum listed it in the equipment list. I recall the lower trims did not.

Many makers did that to differentiate the trims and pricing. Even Subaru has done that with higher trim packages.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you buy the 2019 used? I wonder if someone replaced them.
Nope, bought it brand new, so the 2019 XLT def did NOT have laminated glass. No notes on the window sticker stating it as laminated either and when it was rolled it was def NOT laminated :)

I will have to do a closer inspection of our 2020 platinum and see what the window sticker says.