New caliper won't retract

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got the right front caliper ordered, along with both front hoses. I'll get them installed and bled this weekend and report back. Thanks for all the replies - this is immensely helpful!

Qatarguy

Reaction score
Being in a place with just the one stealership, i ordered for performance brake pads via the internet. Since i was getting control arms replaced, axle re-built and other minor works, asked the workshop to replace the pads as well.

Started to see lot of brake dust on front wheel, pistons not moving freely, more so on one wheel. On taking it apart, found that the guy who worked on the pads actually got the front wheels pads mixed, and put both outer pads on one wheel, and both inners on the other. The pads were damaged as a result, piston on one wheel was sort of stuck, luckily the rotor was not damaged and luckily i had no brake failure due to timely intervention since the front pads had more or less broken into pieces.

The workshop had to buy the standard front set from the stealership and fix them for free. So yes, check the brake pads condition as well, whether they have been installed / seated well.

OP
OP
B

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Follow up / update: I fixed it today by replacing the right caliper and both front hoses. It was amazing how much more flow there was from the bleeder on the left front (the one I replaced last week) after replacing all this. So I'm almost convinced it was the hoses (unless somehow the other caliper, if not operating properly, restricted the left side somehow)

Anyhow, thanks again to all of you for responding and lending your advice! Tomorrow's project: Plugs and COPs!