Pricing for new Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eileen101

Reaction score
When I needed to renew my extended warranty, for my 2014 Expedition I went through https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/?msclkid=4c32b6bebf2411eca82fbaa4975af451. I researched quite a bit. We are in WA and if I went through our dealer it was around $3000. I went through Lombard ford and it was $1700 with $100 deductible. I also cancelled the dealers in house warranty and was refunded at a pro rated rate which almost covered the new warranty! I wanted to be able to take my Expedition any authorized mechanic to get it fixed. The dealers warranty was only good at their dealership which was 40 minutes away when I have some a lot closer. I learned a lot on that one.

Nytimes770

Reaction score
Which tier warranty will cover the common shock absorber problem? Since it sounds like the oem is bound to fail every 10-20k miles, could it make sense to purchase the warranty to just cover this repair?