The "Auto Stop-Start" is so annoying!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mean, sorta. I’m a 42 yr old stay at home dad... I have two toddlers. I used some of my spare time to time how long it took from me to press the ASS button... it was about 2 thousandths of a second. I think my spare time is safe.

For real though... does the Expy not have a convenient button to push? The navi has one right next to the e brake which is right next to the drive mode knob. In the time it would take me to disable this feature in FOREscan I could press that button every time I drive the vehicle for the entirety of its ownership and still have time to spare.

It is almost the furthest button from the driver.

IMO, that button cluster should be switched with the hill descent and traction control buttons.

2019-ford-expedition-interior-4.jpg

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does mostly 2 mile short trips back and forth to work or my kids school and that means that Fn button needs to be pressed nearly every other mile on my vehicle, meaning it would of had to have been hit thousands of times already! No thanks.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does mostly 2 mile short trips back and forth to work or my kids school and that means that Fn button needs to be pressed nearly every other mile on my vehicle, meaning it would of had to have been hit thousands of times already! No thanks.

It is almost the furthest button from the driver.

IMO, that button cluster should be switched with the hill descent and traction control buttons.

2019-ford-expedition-interior-4.jpg

I can see how this would be annoying.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the auto stop eliminator, you can't turn it off in Forescan if you use a trailer plug it goes into tow mode there goes your mileage.it's the most anoying system ford came up with.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the auto stop eliminator, you can't turn it off in Forescan if you use a trailer plug it goes into tow mode there goes your mileage.it's the most anoying system ford came up with.

You know this is not a Ford exclusive thing, right? It’s literally on every new car for sale today.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ASS hasn’t shut my vehicle off in about 8 months. The reason given by the gauge cluster is “Engine on Due To Vehicle Charging.” Additionally, when I open my doors with the engine off (when I get home) the interior lights only stay on for about 10 seconds before they shut off and I get the “we had to turn everything off to save the battery” message.

Something is clearly wrong with either my battery (it’s not holding enough charge) or my alternator (it’s not charging the battery sufficiently). And, before someone suggests it’s because the vehicle isn’t on long enough to charge sufficiently, the length of drive doesn’t matter; I did a two hour drive the other day and when I reached my destination...same thing, interior lights all shut off within 15 seconds of opening door.

It’s headed to the dealer today and I’ll report back.
I just talked to the dealer. They have no idea what's going on. But the battery is in great health and the system showed no faults. They did reset the ASS (whatever that means to "reset" that system) and everything is reportedly working fine now. I will pick it up on the way home this evening and I guess we'll find out.

But no, the ASS has not killed my battery.

(they also did the SSM for the dancing side mirrors and replaced the sticky liftgate button)

And my loaner has been great ($47k sticker for an XL F150?!?!?) but I will be happy to get back in my massaging heated seats and my CCD.