This forum is talking me out of buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Appears the deal will go through. Noticed the truck link on my tabs has gone blank. Paperwork didn’t make it today. Car dealer so could be a pitfall in that of course, but so far these guys have been way better than any place I’ve bought from before. Local guys have ensured I won’t be buying around here next time either.

considered a Nav, just couldn’t see the 300 a month extra as getting that much more bang for the buck. I do think you get more respect in better cars though.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Appears the deal will go through. Noticed the truck link on my tabs has gone blank. Paperwork didn’t make it today. Car dealer so could be a pitfall in that of course, but so far these guys have been way better than any place I’ve bought from before. Local guys have ensured I won’t be buying around here next time either.

considered a Nav, just couldn’t see the 300 a month extra as getting that much more bang for the buck. I do think you get more respect in better cars though.

https://jalopnik.com/there-is-now-scientific-proof-that-jerks-prefer-fancy-c-1841450490

Just sayin.....

(Full disclosure: I almost bought a Nav too, and I didn’t for the same reason you did. I didn’t want to pay 6 figures for the Black Label and didn’t think the lower trim Nav was nicer enough than the Platinum Expi to justify the price increase.)

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll tell you, I’ve had a lot of cars. The nicer they are, the more people let you out in traffic. Same areas, I wear the same clothes. I’m scum in lower end or worn stuff, a king in others. Strange.

One family member keeps a Benz, caddy, etc at all times. Swears cops let you go by more because they don’t know who they are fooling with that will cause them trouble for messing with them. Politics.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If this loaded right, this is what is coming.

Attachments

• windowsticker.pdf
    920.5 KB · Views: 16

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll tell you, I’ve had a lot of cars. The nicer they are, the more people let you out in traffic. Same areas, I wear the same clothes. I’m scum in lower end or worn stuff, a king in others. Strange.

One family member keeps a Benz, caddy, etc at all times. Swears cops let you go by more because they don’t know who they are fooling with that will cause them trouble for messing with them. Politics.

What part of the country are you referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If this loaded right, this is what is coming.

Alright GA!

Same as mine but 4X2; ~4 months newer build date with fancy white tricoat (pinky up buttercup) instead of work truck oxford white - that tricoat is apparently a ***** to match/blend if you dent/bend anything. Still looks sharp even when filthy dirty so a very nice choice man! Good luck with it...

I had almost exact thing but 4X4 lined up local and then at signing a switcheroo w/rebates, etc., so I walked. Par for the course, I guess - unfortunately. All for the best as it had the RES also (didn't want/didn't care/can't I buy 4 really nice iPads for that?) and ended up with exact spec without RES for about ~750 less than original deal that fell through (lost the '19 w/DEC18 build date with the fancy white paint and RES) out the door, but, bonus was my drive to Cincy yielded a few thousand more on my trade, so, fanboy here so far...

April 2019 build date on mine, ~10,500 miles (~2500 towing camper) and nothing but joy and nothing more than 1st world problems so far. It is the nicest vehicle I've ever had, so, there's that too I reckon. My expectations of flawless new shit were tempered by the brand new camper that is basically a cobbled together pile of shit on axles!

Sending full set of Weathertechs back as soon as i get around to ordering up the Husky's, other than that minutiae, no remorse/regrets/issues here so far...

Hope yours serves you well, sir.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://jalopnik.com/there-is-now-scientific-proof-that-jerks-prefer-fancy-c-1841450490

Just sayin.....

(Full disclosure: I almost bought a Nav too, and I didn’t for the same reason you did. I didn’t want to pay 6 figures for the Black Label and didn’t think the lower trim Nav was nicer enough than the Platinum Expi to justify the price increase.)
So am I the jerk for driving a Navigator or my wife for buying it? Lol I think it takes a certain mentality to earn the cash that the ‘fancy’ cars require. I wonder if this is just a case of superior intellect being misunderstood or envied by the lower level hominids.

The article only mentions the German makes so maybe I’m safe.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So am I the jerk for driving a Navigator or my wife for buying it? Lol I think it takes a certain mentality to earn the cash that the ‘fancy’ cars require. I wonder if this is just a case of superior intellect being misunderstood or envied by the lower level hominids.

That was actually my take when I first saw this story......

Brad from Shipping/Receiving is a super nice guy who always uses his blinker and stopped in the road last week to let some ducks cross. But he doesn’t make the scratch to buy anything more than a Camry. Deklyn, however, the a**hole who’d trade his mother for $5...he pulled down $800k last year when he closed his Series B and just bought the new AMG GT63S and is unaware it came with blinkers.

(No offense to anyone named Brad, or Deklyn, or who works in Shipping/Receiving, or drives a Camry, or a GT63S, are any of their mothers...this is a sarcastic post).

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That was actually my take when I first saw this story......

Brad from Shipping/Receiving is a super nice guy who always uses his blinker and stopped in the road last week to let some ducks cross. But he doesn’t make the scratch to buy anything more than a Camry. Deklyn, however, the a**hole who’d trade his mother for $5...he pulled down $800k last year when he closed his Series B and just bought the new AMG GT63S and is unaware it came with blinkers.

(No offense to anyone named Brad, or Deklyn, or who works in Shipping/Receiving, or drives a Camry, or a GT63S, are any of their mothers...this is a sarcastic post).
It’s funny but true, the German makes mentioned in that article do seem to attract asshats. The asshats who can’t afford those can be seen driving some sad ass stanced vehicle. I, for one, am thankful for easily recognizable signs of douchbageryness, makes avoiding these types easy.