This forum is talking me out of buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get yourself a Maybach GSL600.
98ae3be1333f90d594c4d25100587a5f.jpg
Or a Bentayga Speed
bb92449a7ab2290de6a249ff049e1523.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We ordered ours before they were on the lots and expected some issues seeing as it was the first round of a major redesign. We haven’t had any issues really and would do it all over again.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Two years and 19,000 miles and no issues. The only complaint was the stock halogen headlights. Replaced the bulbs with LED's and have been happy since.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love our '19. It's been an amazing vehicle. Only issue I can think of is the lift-gate button getting stuck on the panel. I could take it in but I live more than an hour away from the dealership and my wife sorta needs it to haul the little people. It was mentioned somewhere on the forum that you can push on the ridge to the right of the button (right after u press the button) and it will work. Works for me till my wife has some down time.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine will turn 2 next week and I hit 28,000 miles last week. Couple of small nits here and there but nothing even remotely close to major and all fixed in a day at the shop under warranty.

It’s been rock solid for 2 years and it’s easily my favorite of the (counts on fingers) 7 vehicles I’ve owned.

Don’t buy something you don’t feel comfortable buying. But also don’t hold up Honda or Toyota as your quality yardstick. Because nothing is going to be that reliable. Or boring.

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My vote is to run away... my 2018 max xlt took a huge shit yesterday with a powertrain malfunction error at 9500 miles.. in the middle lane of the interstate .....and it immediately went into limp mode and it was all i could do to not get into an accident with a truck that would barely run.....and of course the dealer i bought it from can't recreate the error so i got it back today with the could not recreate so we can't fix it excuse. Just cleared the error code and called it good enough. *************! This was my first ford and it will be my last!

Not only that, the ford dealership 1 mile from my house (yes, i am talking about you granger ford in granger iowa) basically to me to f$ck off when i took it to them look at it because i did not buy it there they would not look at it at all.. .even though it is still under full ford warranty..so i had to drive it another 30 miles limping along at about 50 mph to get it back to the dealer i bought it from..

So pissed right now!

Last edited:

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think I have owned a vehicle that did not have some sort of issue.

1982 Checy Cavalier hatchback - Rear hatch latch did not work.
1991 Chevy Cavalier - multiple fuel pump issues (once it failed in Canada...)
1999 Honda Accord - timing belt failed around 35K miles; tranny lost first gear around 80K; steering column ceased around 120K
2002 Honda Civic - remote stopped working (module in car failed, not remote); power door locks stopped working; airbag recall
2011 Honda Pilot - Radio needed replaced; rear door window stopped working; ignition recall; airbag recall
2017 Honda CR-V - Shifter fell apart while my wife was driving (she called me to come help her at work. She was stuck in the parking lot because she could not shirt it into Park); airbag recall

The only car that I have owned that I cannot remember having issues was my 1969 Cadillac El Dorado.

So, if you can find a car that doesn't have issues, good luck and enjoy. In the mean time, I will enjoy my new Expy. :)

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I’ve had at least two that I found to be trouble free. One was 96 f250, other is a 12 Camry. 97 mark 8 was awesome and just needed tcl due to age when 10-12 years old. Also had 94 f150 that was damn good to 125k. Demerit for pinhole in heater hose...

kiss of death might be my wife sitting in an expy tonight at the auto show. She immediately said this is cheap looking for this much money, you want this? She’s not into plunking down the long green for a nav either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My vote is to run away... my 2018 max xlt took a huge shit yesterday with a powertrain malfunction error at 9500 miles.. in the middle lane of the interstate .....and it immediately went into limp mode and it was all i could do to not get into an accident with a truck that would barely run.....and of course the dealer can't recreate the error so i got it back today with the could not recreate so we can't fix it excuse. *************! This was my first ford and it will be my last!

Not only that, the ford dealership 1 mile from my house (yes, i am talking about you granger ford in granger iowa) basically to me to f$ck off when i took it to them look at it because i did buy it there they would not look at it at all.. .even though it is still under full ford warranty..

So pissed right now!

that’s ridiculous

gives me concern. My local dealers are pissed that I shop around. One got so mad when I sent them an expy to get in from another dealer. Went from a call and or 3-4 emails a day to dropping me like a bad habit. Up til then it was “we can get one for you, no commitment bla bla bla”

they saw the price and I guess figured out they weren’t going to give that to me.
Another got all mad when I pointed out the demo they have was waaaayyy over market. They let managers take it on vacation to the point it has 6000 miles on it. They want more than ones with zero miles on them.
So I’ve wondered where exactly I’d be able to take one to for work.