This forum is talking me out of buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
kiss of death might be my wife sitting in an expy tonight at the auto show. She immediately said this is cheap looking for this much money, you want this? She’s not into plunking down the long green for a nav either.

Welp, see you over at a hyundai/kia forum then. Aint no 7/8 passenger car on the market now that doesnt feel cheap except for the new korean twins. I can see her worries though.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welp, see you over at a hyundai/kia forum then. Aint no 7/8 passenger car on the market now that doesnt feel cheap except for the new korean twins. I can see her worries though.

Sure there are, but they’re all a helluva lot more expensive than the Expi (and some more than the Navi), and none of them are built on a truck chassis:

MB GLS

MB GLE with optional 3rd row

Tesla Model X with the rear facing seats

BMW X7

Volvo XC90

Or, and I hate doing this on a Ford forum, wait for the new Denali and Escalade to be released for sale and see how you like those.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We've all talked about this before. As my father used to say (God rest his soul), doesn't matter if you're buying a Yugo or a Rolls, there are lemons out there. Forums are a scary place to go at times.

I've had mine for 16 months, with just under 15K miles. NO issues at all, and I love it!!! Tranny so smooth, I never know what gear it's in. I looked at a lot of stuff before I bought this. Actually, it was the LAST thing I looked at. Being old school, I didn't want something with those fancy turbos. One drive changed everything. There's NOTHING out there as nice as this, except the Navi. That said, I haven't looked at the Hyundai/Kia twins, and I think the new Escalde (sp) could give a lot of things a run for the money.

Lastly, I'll say it again, this is the first new Ford I've owned in 30 years.......what does that say???

Just go buy it!

Last edited:

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 XLT FX4 with HD tow
Tuned with 5 star calibration the day I bought it:burnout:
26K miles with absolutely no issues
Lovin it
Much better than the escalades the company has that I work for

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bad shocks is my only complaint , Bilstein fixed that and since when is a limited a cheap model?
5 star tuner 20 k miles, very happy.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure there are, but they’re all a helluva lot more expensive than the Expi (and some more than the Navi), and none of them are built on a truck chassis:

MB GLS

MB GLE with optional 3rd row

Tesla Model X with the rear facing seats

BMW X7

Volvo XC90

Or, and I hate doing this on a Ford forum, wait for the new Denali and Escalade to be released for sale and see how you like those.

I figured since she said nav money was tok big money, those other options would be too save the volvo xc90. Even so, i think the expys(and by extension the nav) a better product than the volvo. I havent driven the others to make a comparison. Sat in a tesla model x, great interior, but cramped, sparce, and nowhere near the seat comfort level. Mpst ppl who pay too much attention to the dash dont pay attention to prolli top 10 best seats in the business, def top 3 of all suvs.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How about this? Ask how many current owners if they would make the same purchase/ deal again today, versus regretting being an owner of an Expedition.
Maybe ask year and miles if that's relevant as well.