This forum is talking me out of buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have a 2019 Limited with the special edition package. Love it. Wife loves it and it her vehicle. I have the front camera washer that leaks. Really that's it. 11K miles. Im looking at something now for me. I want the 2020 explorer. OMG go read that forum. Looked at the Volkswagen Atlas. Nice vehicle and I really like it. OMG. go read that forum. Ive looked at and drove the 2020 pilot, Audi Q7, Telluride, Suburu Assent, Volvo XC90, 2020 Explorer. You would be buying a bicycle if you judged your purchase on a forum. They are good for some heads up information. They don't include all the 10s of thousands of buyers that love their vehicles.

mhExped

Reaction score
My experience with cars has been that the customer service dept's of the mfr, dealer, and repair center are the key factors in determining if you'll end up regretting your purchase. I think buying any car is a gamble, but if you feel confident with those you'll be dealing with should trouble arise, you're likely to do OK.

lam396

Reaction score
We have a 2019 Limited with the special edition package. Love it. Wife loves it and it her vehicle. I have the front camera washer that leaks. Really that's it. 11K miles. Im looking at something now for me. I want the 2020 explorer. OMG go read that forum. Looked at the Volkswagen Atlas. Nice vehicle and I really like it. OMG. go read that forum. Ive looked at and drove the 2020 pilot, Audi Q7, Telluride, Suburu Assent, Volvo XC90, 2020 Explorer. You would be buying a bicycle if you judged your purchase on a forum. They are good for some heads up information. They don't include all the 10s of thousands of buyers that love their vehicles.
Im totally in agreement with you, but I'm guessing you've never been on bicycle forums hahaha!

Gotta remember these forums are made up of people extremely unhappy and looking for answers and those who are enthusiasts who analyze every aspect and like to tinker.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

JDM396

Reaction score
Well, if this forum concerns you enough not to buy, I STRONGLY recommend you don't go on ANY more forums about ANY future vehicle purchases.
Rule of thumb to consider is that forums are where 1-5% of owners (at best) actually post comments and even then only if they are having issues. They're mainly looking to find solutions they can handle themselves.
So, don't let a sample size of a couple hundred issues out of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of vehicles on the road dissuade you from buying a great new vehicle.

I'm gonna second this. I've owned a F150 in a 3.5 and 2.7, and going by the forums, either engine was going to explode within the first 10K miles.

KenK

Reaction score
2018 XLT 4x4 Max is just over a year old 15K miles. Zero problems so far. Drove Suburbans since 1995, test drove the new Expy and was surprised it was so much better. Quieter, handles better, noticeably more powerful, great transmission, way more room in 3rd row seat, and can tow the moon. Would definitely purchase again. Might get a few different options though.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2013 Expedition Limited and loved it. We were in a bad accident and it was totaled but my wife and I came out okay. We went back and bought a 2017 Expedition Limited and we will drive nothing else. No problems with either one. I recommend the Expedition to all.

Scott B

Reaction score
I agree, I just turned over 20K on my 2018 MAX Ltd and have had no issues at all. I love this vehicle it's my third Expedition, and the best yet. I wish there were more after market accessories for it I would like to make it look a bit different from the others on the street.

KJFord

Reaction score
Look at Consumer Reports: They rate the Expedition as #1of 11 large SUVs, and the predicted reliability for 2019s is shown as much better than average. They poll hundreds of owners, including those who have had problems and those who haven't.