Towing a 7,500 lbs trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
BIGRED03 is right ,if you look at a boat setup you will see that the axels are pushed back. im not sure if a WDH will be any help with a boat, Most boats don't have an Aframe to use the hitch(they are single beam setup). Brakes are another problem
NOT electric most likely are surge this means you will not be able to control them from the seat, so no independent trailer braking. IMHO this setup is too much for a 1/2 ton expedition.
This is your weakest point.Transmission: 4 Spd A/T AODEW/4R75E W/TSS
its not a 4R100

OP
OP
G

gigantapithic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BIGRED03 is right ,if you look at a boat setup you will see that the axels are pushed back. im not sure if a WDH will be any help with a boat, Most boats don't have an Aframe to use the hitch(they are single beam setup). Brakes are another problem
NOT electric most likely are surge this means you will not be able to control them from the seat, so no independent trailer braking. IMHO this setup is too much for a 1/2 ton expedition.
This is your weakest point.Transmission: 4 Spd A/T AODEW/4R75E W/TSS
its not a 4R100

I'm not sure who you're actually replying to here? You copied my Tranny specs but...

I had no interest in towing a boat - I think the conversation changed a bit when one person referenced a boat setup.

I'm looking at Travel Trailers and upgrading my standard tow expy to HD by getting a new Tranny Cooler and HD Radiator.

Using a WD hitch with those upgrades seemed like I was good to go?

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
ah in your first post all I see is trailer, then it went to boat ,I see it never said nothing a bout campers

OP
OP
G

gigantapithic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ah in your first post all I see is trailer, then it went to boat ,I see it never said nothing a bout campers

I guess that is true too, I never really specified what type of Trailer. Travel Trailer :)

Does that change your opinion?

Thanks!

Last edited: