Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, 2 20 is available now. If you have a 2020+ you can’t do it currently unless you are will to use a method still in development. If you have a 2019 or earlier you have do downgrade then load, but the CyanLabs installer does that for you if you input your current version correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PS - I have used this Beta method to update my Maps but it was WAY slower than the downgrade method I used on others.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Upgraded to sync 21xx a couple of days ago. Snapper, less buggy with Waze and music apps work better. I don’t use XM so can’t speak to that issue posted above.

mpc11

Reaction score
Yeah, 2 20 is available now. If you have a 2020+ you can’t do it currently unless you are will to use a method still in development. If you have a 2019 or earlier you have do downgrade then load, but the CyanLabs installer does that for you if you input your current version correctly.

Thanks. 21020 definitely seems snappier. Other than info & data updates, any noticeable differences in the '20 maps to jump at this right away vs waiting for next longer drive?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. 21020 definitely seems snappier. Other than info & data updates, any noticeable differences in the '20 maps to jump at this right away vs waiting for next longer drive?

No speed or performance difference. I was on 21020 for a few weeks before doing the 2-20 Map update. Just 1.5 more recent Data. I honestly don’t use the built in Nav very often, but figured testing the install was good!

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just so I'm not messing up my head unit. To update the new map pack, I need to downgrade from 21xxx to 19xxx then once that's complete I need to go back to 21xxx with now the 20 map pack and it should be good?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just so I'm not messing up my head unit. To update the new map pack, I need to downgrade from 21xxx to 19xxx then once that's complete I need to go back to 21xxx with now the 20 map pack and it should be good?

If you use the Cyanlabs installer, it will build you an installer that will do this, because you do not have a 2020. Because I have a 2020, I had to use a Beta method, because you cannot down grade a 2020, as it will brick the APIM.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you use the Cyanlabs installer, it will build you an installer that will do this, because you do not have a 2020. Because I have a 2020, I had to use a Beta method, because you cannot down grade a 2020, as it will brick the APIM.
I tried the automatic for downgrading and I must be messing it up? Grrr...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried the automatic for downgrading and I must be messing it up? Grrr...

Honestly haven’t messed with downgrades since I got the 2020’s, but I know others have had luck on other vehicles.

Probably some magic order.