What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2" wheel spacers came n today. Put them on tomorrow after work [emoji16]df14e556a8234dbfcafb588f258538bf.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 2" wheel spacers came n today. Put them on tomorrow after work [emoji16]df14e556a8234dbfcafb588f258538bf.jpg

That is A LOT of spacer and will put A LOT of extra load on your hubs. That negatively affects your load carrying capacity and towing. Why do you need that much spacer?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
That is A LOT of spacer and will put A LOT of extra load on your hubs. That negatively affects your load carrying capacity and towing. Why do you need that much spacer?

Cause its Gonna look super sweet on the rig especially with his current set up.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I Don't tow nothing and the only load it sees is maybe a deer in the back. [emoji16][emoji16]

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The heated seat buttons were acting funny and seat a/c-heat wasn’t working. A little research led me to the harness ground going into the dscm burning out. Checked mine: sure enough all melted. Further reading indicated I could purchase a replacement harness connector for $36 plus shipping and splice it in. New harness connector had an additional female pin right next to the notorious burnt ground that was spliced into the same ground wire.

Pulled the dscm and verified it wasn’t cooked. Used the dremel to clean up the pigtail connector (almost looks brand new). Dug through the spare parts bin and found an old harness with same size female pin, went ahead and pulled 2 of them out (just in case) and cut one off with about an inch of wire left on it. Had to do a little “persuading” to get the pin into the existing pigtail. Then I cut the ‘burnt’ ground wire the same length as the added pin wire. Stripped all 3 wires and used an avionics splice (a special heat shrink non-crimp connector with a solder ring that melts inside the heatshrink). Buttoned it all back up and everything works again.

Took me about an hour and cost almost nothing to make it good as new!

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The heated seat buttons were acting funny and seat a/c-heat wasn’t working. A little research led me to the harness ground going into the dscm burning out. Checked mine: sure enough all melted. Further reading indicated I could purchase a replacement harness connector for $36 plus shipping and splice it in. New harness connector had an additional female pin right next to the notorious burnt ground that was spliced into the same ground wire.

Pulled the dscm and verified it wasn’t cooked. Used the dremel to clean up the pigtail connector (almost looks brand new). Dug through the spare parts bin and found an old harness with same size female pin, went ahead and pulled 2 of them out (just in case) and cut one off with about an inch of wire left on it. Had to do a little “persuading” to get the pin into the existing pigtail. Then I cut the ‘burnt’ ground wire the same length as the added pin wire. Stripped all 3 wires and used an avionics splice (a special heat shrink non-crimp connector with a solder ring that melts inside the heatshrink). Buttoned it all back up and everything works again.

Took me about an hour and cost almost nothing to make it good as new!
I wonder if that's what wrong with mine.
The heated driver seat use to work good, now it's getting slower to heat up. Idk about the passenger seat as it never gets used.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well got the 2" wheel spacers installed. Definitely pushed the tires out more than I had thought but still looks good and aggressive thou.
But it required a lot more cutting of the wheel well than I thought.
So yeah this isn't something that any mall crawlers gonna want to do.

Only us ReDnEcKs would do this modification.

But if u got a 3.5/2.5 lift and sitting on 35's if you wanna push ya wheels out 2"s more for a aggressive look/stance then be prepared to cut your fenders back about 2 1/2 more inches..lol
But to me it was worth it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well got the 2" wheel spacers installed. Definitely pushed the tires out more than I had thought but still looks good and aggressive thou.
But it required a lot more cutting of the wheel well than I thought.
So yeah this isn't something that any mall crawlers gonna want to do.
Only us ReDnEcKs would this modification.

But if u got a 3.5/2.5 lift and sitting on 35's if you wanna push ya wheels out 2"s more for a aggressive look/stance then be prepared to cut your fenders back about 2 1/2 more inches..lol
But to me it was worth it.

Pics?