What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my tires installed and my wheels aligned today, I didn't think to ask how much they were going to charge me so I got gouged like a mother-******. $150 to mount and balance 4 tires, swap my old spare, and a front end alignment.
The whole job took less than an hour.

Fairly reasonable for retail. Most shops charge $20 per for mount/balance and upwards of $100 for alignment.

I just had the same work done 2 days ago and have family in the business and I paid $135. 4 tires done and 4 wheel alignment.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the wifes new to us Navigator spotless inside. Broke out the steamer to make sure everything was sanitized and did an ozone treatment as well. A quick wash/wax to make it shine for a few hours before the rain hit.

The kids love it. They have a console in the 2nd row. Its black so its fancy, like a limo they said.

20200502_203002.jpg

20200502_202948.jpg

SomeENG

Reaction score
I rode some new trails today, a couple were black diamond.
It's good that I was decending on the black diamond trails because I'm not confident I could do the ascent.

I scraped my running boards a couple of times but it did well besides that.
A couple of people seemed surprised to see me, but clearance and grippy tires are most important.

My transmission has always made an "electric whining" noise when I start up and put it in reverse or at low speed in drive.
When I got the truck I checked the fluid level and the previous owner (whom I know reasonably well) said it always makes that noise, but he isn't a very mechanical guy.

I did some research and think it may need a new transmission fluid filter.
Any thoughts?

I've only owned one other automatic transmission.

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
Did the annual spring flushing of the rocker panels and full rinse of the undercarriage (laying on the ground looking up) to chase all the winter salt away. First I pulled the plugs out of all the rocker panel holes, then I stick a hose in all 3 large openings (each side) and run the hose on full. In the fall this all gets oiled up (Krown) and replugged for winter salt season.
IMG_1813.JPG
IMG_1812.JPG

Last summer I drove out to the Rockies and all over (Jasper to Denver) AFTER doing Krown so I have a lot of embedded dirt in the Krown oil on everything. Not sure I like this. I'm rinsing all those minerals off. I think it's better to let the Krown set up before giving it the dirt road exposure?

Last edited:

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good. Now there's 2 vehicles out there with the F150 fog pocket kit on an Expedition. :p

Gotta keep them f150 boys in line

I definitely won't be able to use them in town. But that's totally fine with me.

Next upgrade is led headlights or maybe new housings