Expediton Vs. 23 Yukon Denali Ultimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. Now on my Sierra Denali I don't have the air suspension but do have adaptive suspension. I don't have Super Cruise (this time) but will try to gun for it next time. FWIW, I do love the 2018+ Expeditions. But it's hard to not love the imposing beast of a front end that the Yukons (and to a slightly lesser extent the Sierra's have). A few things I felt could have been added to the Denali's are things like ambient lighting, pano roof instead of the std sliver of a moon roof, less plasticky centre console and included remote start via the app (instead of $150/ yr). I'm still getting used to the gear shifter in the Sierra, when I hop in the Expedition I think they may have executed that a bit better with the rotary dial. But perhaps I'm just clinging on to something lol. In the end, I got tired of sending thousands on the Expedition every 6 months to repair.
FWIW, the Yukon has a panoramic roof. I'm surprised the Sierra doesn't since the F-150 offers it. I'm also getting used to the button shifter. It's fine, but I liked the rotary dial on the Expedition. I would have been ok with a column shifter, but I guess those are being phased out.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW, the Yukon has a panoramic roof. I'm surprised the Sierra doesn't since the F-150 offers it. I'm also getting used to the button shifter. It's fine, but I liked the rotary dial on the Expedition. I would have been ok with a column shifter, but I guess those are being phased out.
Yes true about the pano roof. I was not comparing apples to apples on that. I do like the low profile rotary knob of the Expy. I thought when I got my 2018 that I would hate it, but I grew to like it quite quickly. The shifter on the Sierra is not like the Yukons push button on the dash, it reminds me a lot of the Grand Cherokee's gear shifter. It's big and takes up a bit of real estate, but like I said I guess there are worse things to complain about.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I havent driven the new Sierra, but of it rides better than the expy, that's a feat. I driven the new ram on air springs, and it rides great, but not better than my nav does. He'll, without the air springs, the yukon doesn't ride better than my nav either. I havent driven a denali with air springs though.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man the new Sierra must ride nice, but the journalists still say the rams is the class standard in ride quality. We test drove a 22 ram ltd with air springs, it's a smooth rider. However, I didnt believe it rode better than my 20 nav, which doesn't ride better than the 22 nav. From my experience, atleast before the new ones, the gm pickups ride nice until you hit road imperfections, then the ride quickly deteriorates. I also haven't driven a gm suv with both magnet ride and air springs. every denali we drove had just magnet ride, and as such was just as firm as an expy with base springs, just slightly better riding. Same way our nav in sport mode rides. My dads escalade is just the air springs and from what I remember, it's somewhat lumpy at low speeds but cruises the highway better than anything I've been in so far. I can do a more thorough comparo by the end of the next wk.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First hlf of first road trip done. If the Sierra rides better than the expy/nav, then it's the best riding truck on the market.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First hlf of first road trip done. If the Sierra rides better than the expy/nav, then it's the best riding truck on the market.
I'm not sure it rides better than a Navi as I have never driven one. My comparison was between my Platinum and the 1500 Denali. My "seat of the pants" feeling was that the Denali rode smoother and less choppy than my Expy. That is all.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure it rides better than a Navi as I have never driven one. My comparison was between my Platinum and the 1500 Denali. My "seat of the pants" feeling was that the Denali rode smoother and less choppy than my Expy. That is all.

I would think the nav and expy plat drive similar mostly. I actually like the Sierra denali honestly, the main thing I dnt like about it is it doesn't have a pano roof. I was nervous that its ride was not as good as a ram or f150 (ive driven both) mainly from journalist reviews but now I'm more curious from what you wrote. Does yours have the adaptive mrc?

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have already extended my lease on my Platinum 4X4 hoping this equipment "delete" fiasco would end. So I am looking at the Grand Wagoneer, looks really good and plush and some have massage seats (at a price) and hud, also an optional engine. I can't call the Wagoneer engine an upgrade because of what it replaces (6.4L) but has me looking hard at that new 5.0L. I keep thinking what a bargain my Expy Plat is when compared price wise to the Wagoneer, Yukon Denali, Tahoe, Escalade. There's a 10 to 20K extra difference. I an figuring it will come down to residual values since I cannot commit to a maximum price. That Grand Wagoneer is at the top of my list btw, there is a series III that has my attention, attached is the MONRONEY. The features and options are unreal...but at $105K it better be, there was another that had a MSRP OF $115+. Then I noticed the $105K model is a 2022 and does not have the 24 way massage seats but has a separate passenger interactive display and night vision, full speed AEB. Maybe I should consider a new Vette instead at that price and then a smaller pick up truck. Decisions!

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF WAGONEER.pdf
    85.7 KB · Views: 8

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would think the nav and expy plat drive similar mostly. I actually like the Sierra denali honestly, the main thing I dnt like about it is it doesn't have a pano roof. I was nervous that its ride was not as good as a ram or f150 (ive driven both) mainly from journalist reviews but now I'm more curious from what you wrote. Does yours have the adaptive mrc?
Yeah a few things I felt they "cheaped out" on. Like Pano roof, ambient lighting and power ports. I literally have ZERO ports like 120v or 12v up front. It does have a USB and a USB-C in the cubby up front, but mine lost the wireless charging option due to shortages. It also has a 120v in the center armrest but I feel that is a bit too far from being useful. But no 12v is pretty crappy, IMO (yes I know about the blendmounts, but recently been reading that some GM's are getting their side mirrors blowing up due to the over-amperage through the mirror mounts).

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have already extended my lease on my Platinum 4X4 hoping this equipment "delete" fiasco would end. So I am looking at the Grand Wagoneer, looks really good and plush and some have massage seats (at a price) and hud, also an optional engine. I can't call the Wagoneer engine an upgrade because of what it replaces (6.4L) but has me looking hard at that new 5.0L. I keep thinking what a bargain my Expy Plat is when compared price wise to the Wagoneer, Yukon Denali, Tahoe, Escalade. There's a 10 to 20K extra difference. I an figuring it will come down to residual values since I cannot commit to a maximum price. That Grand Wagoneer is at the top of my list btw, there is a series III that has my attention, attached is the MONRONEY. The features and options are unreal...but at $105K it better be, there was another that had a MSRP OF $115+. Then I noticed the $105K model is a 2022 and does not have the 24 way massage seats but has a separate passenger interactive display and night vision, full speed AEB. Maybe I should consider a new Vette instead at that price and then a smaller pick up truck. Decisions!
I couldn't justify paying $20K more for the Wagoneer. Liked the way the interior looks, but the rear quarter of the Wagoneer looks weird to me and only marginally looks good in dark colors. The usability of the third row and the ample room in the Max at the price point was good for us. The Wagoneer has even more room inside, but wasn't worth it to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65