Power running board is shot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13ExpeditionLtd

Reaction score
After years of spraying WD40 on them, my driver side seized up. I bought new motors on fleabay for about $70 each also a bushing kit, figuring it would be an easy swap out. Ended up unbolting (very easy) and worked on them on the bench. Like the previous post it was a bear to remove motor. I decided to not use the plastic bushings and bought bronze ones from McMaster Carr. (They had to be drilled and reamed out to match shaft). Applied a generous amount of heavy grease to all fittings ( should be done regularly). Haven't had a stick since. Sorry I didn't take any pictures or make a video (would have been lots of bleeps). I have the greatest empathy for those Expeditions and Navigators out there with dropped boards.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Link to my you tube vid on a 2010 EL. Short & long wheel base are the same. I have no idea why the extruded screen bushings where there or if OEM. I was thinking for oil grease but they didn't work, the truck is 11yrs old and now more room for lube. I am considering adding zerk fittings for grease but didn't get real involved with that idea yet.