Raptor Steering Wheel Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@LokiWolf and @DWs-TTEB - you two seem to be very familiar with these vehicles, do you have any advice on getting the steering wheel perfectly centered again after putting the raptor wheel on? Or would this really need the extreme of an alignment? I've tried probably 6 or 7 times, holding the wheel slightly to the right while torque-ing it down. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

@DWa-TTEB has a good suggestion.

The other is FORSCAN. These have Electrically controlled steering. I know there is a process to adjust steering wheel position on other Fords. I did it on my Edge. It was also off Center despite driving perfectly straight. Way more than yours. Haven’t tried anything like that on these...but the theory is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whoa, now that is definitely not something I would have thought of looking at. Will do. Thank you.

Maybe I'll ride with it for now and have the dealer do an alignment once the rest of my stupid parts are in.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off topic here, the boost gauge (4th gen expys) is the combined PSI of both turbos or for each singular?

@5280tunage
@LokiWolf
That's funny, I was literally thinking about that yesterday.

So based on Loki's response, it's both combined. So they are relatively small turbo's each then, like max 8-10psi-ish? Don't get me wrong, I love them, that's half the reason I bought this thing.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the upside down ideal as well!

So interestingly, having the bolt go from top to bottom was a pain in the ass. For one, the brake lines and wheel speed lines, etc, were totally in the way. You can move the bolt around and get it done, but in the config, gravity is not your friend. Suppose it doesn't help that I was under my vehicle without it on ramps when I was swapping them but it was definitely a little more work than going bottom up. I'll also say, I cranked them down a little tighter this time and I think it helped.

Also, don't crank either but down till the are both on. You need play in the bar at first.

Last edited:

Alhrir1982

Reaction score
Hey all, have a question for the group. Take a look at the picture below. You may notice the wheel is slightly rotated to the right, but this is when the vehicle is tracking straight on the road. I've tried half a dozen times to take it apart, rotate the wheel partially the left before locking down the bolt holding the wheel in place. There are two guide posts on the steering column that really prevent the wheel from going on crooked, but no matter what I do it's just a few degrees off. Does anyone know of a trick to get this straight again? Or is it a ridiculous matter of getting an alignment?

I know, it's just a few degrees, but it drives me nuts that its not perfectly centered while tracking perfectly straight. Would love some ideas.

Oh, and how annoying, I was next to a Honda Pilot today, newer but not current model, and it had paddle shifters. Those things are half the price of the Expy, what a sham.

View attachment 39911

I also installed a Raptor steering wheel
I notice the steering wheel turns a little to the right while the vehicle is straightening

4cb4ec17-00cb-46c9-bdc5-d38694bb42bb.jpg

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's exactly like mine. Frustrating. I have another warranty service scheduled for next tuesday, told them I'd like to try an alignment. I'll let you know if it helps. It makes no sense that it's off like that, nothing else in the steering changes, so i'm wondering if the actual cast between the wheels is a little off. Love the wheel though. I was actually playing around with the paddles today. It's really interesting to see the power bands and when/how the turbos kick in. Never really noticed it until I started driving with the paddles. It's not at all like my previous turbo'd vehicles.

Alhrir1982

Reaction score
That's exactly like mine. Frustrating. I have another warranty service scheduled for next tuesday, told them I'd like to try an alignment. I'll let you know if it helps. It makes no sense that it's off like that, nothing else in the steering changes, so i'm wondering if the actual cast between the wheels is a little off. Love the wheel though. I was actually playing around with the paddles today. It's really interesting to see the power bands and when/how the turbos kick in. Never really noticed it until I started driving with the paddles. It's not at all like my previous turbo'd vehicles.

thanks
I’m waiting

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is a bummer the wheel is not lined up correctly, mine did not have this issue. Hope it gets resolved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker