The "Auto Stop-Start" is so annoying!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, once the vehicle thinks it has a trailer connected, it deactivates the blind spot monitoring and rear parking sensors.

curtw48

Reaction score
I have actually gotten used to it. If you only press the brake hard enough to come to a stop, and not all the way to the floor, the engine will continue to run. It is great for waiting in line at a drive tru window. You can press hard and kill the engine then it starts back up immediately to move ahead in line.

pohoda

Reaction score
I haven' t had an opportunity to drive a Ford with this technology, but I did test drive a Grand Cherokee that had it and I was annoyed by it. I was told on those cars it could be disabled in the settings permanently. Sounds like Ford needs to do the same thing.

Jim N

Reaction score
Stop start can permanently be disable with FORScan. In the BdyCM, change the second digit in block 726-48-02 to x0xx xxxx xxxx and no more annoying stop start. I can do this modification for anyone in the Chicago area.

This requires the extended license correct?

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got back from my 5K service and the tech said ford is trying to make it so you can’t disable this feature. That would suck. I’m getting it disabled with my tune.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got back from my 5K service and the tech said ford is trying to make it so you can’t disable this feature. That would suck. I’m getting it disabled with my tune.
My salesman said the same thing just before he told me how to disable it. I originally had mine unplugged, but once I started using Forscan I disabled it via programming.