The "Auto Stop-Start" is so annoying!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, it stinks the battery option disables the backup sensors. I don't trust my wife driving without those!

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked at the two wires going into that little plug. I'm thinking about cutting just one wire and then reconnecting the plug,and see if either the back-up sensors or the A.S.S. would be hot. Unless both things are on the same circuit, it seems that one of the visible wires into the plug would be hot, and a ground for the circuit might be in a totally different place.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I had mine disconnected originally I thought my backup sensors did not operate since I put it in reverse and walked behind and nothing happened. When I did back up to the house to con firm, the sensors worked. Go figure. As to what Rotorhead451 says, the connector is on the negative terminal and both wires may be grounds, but to two different circuits. I will try to look at the schematic today and find out.

On edit; Looked at the schematics and the connector is part of the battery monitoring system. My assumption is that by unplugging the connector the battery monitoring system is disabled. With the battery monitoring system disabled the A.S.S. will not operate. More than likely a safety feature to prevent a no start in traffic due to a low battery.

Last edited:

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the '18 Limited there is a deactivation button above the sync screen. Wonder why you would need to leave it activated during engine break-in? I turn mine off every time I get in it.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's all about extended fuel mileage. That's why they built them. Each couple of years the EPA keeps making the manufacturers up their mileage figures. Maybe one of our members can do an on/off mileage test. I'm guessing about 1 mpg better engaged.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357