What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drae

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drae, diggin the matching color combo
I appreciate it Habbibie! When I got them they were Matte black and I couldn't do it with the color the truck is so it was this or the Aluminum Alloy look. I thought the color match would look meaner as my wife nicknamed it Beast lol.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mocked up a little charging mount for my phone in the cubby.
Bought a wireless (to the phone at least) charging holder. Cut a piece of 2x2 treated deck spindle it wedges itself in the rear of the cubby pretty solid.
I thin drilled a 1/2” hole down the middle and stuffed the vent clip portion into the hole.
Getting ready to take a 2 hour trip so I will see how it does or if it shakes all over the place and if I like the placement.
If it is pretty solid I’ll figure out a way to clean up the looks from the passenger side. If I like the placement I’ll likely drill a hole in the rear of the cubby and run it to the fuse box so not much is visible at all.
Will likely swap the wood out for black plastic or nylon.
160D5F62-8F4A-4532-BAA8-82D36BBCB9E1.jpeg

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
D9371B1D-9302-4802-A166-F2101DEFF1AD.jpeg

Just a temporary mock up.
I would actually prefer the mount in the drivers cubby but the steering wheel blocks the screen a bit.
So this will work for now and hopefully it stays pretty solid on my trip.

I will also trim more off the wood block and have as much of the plastic mount in the cubby so the mount is as close to the dash as possible but still allow the swivel movement.
That in itself should help clean up the look.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got around to flushing my mount up. Painted the wood black and looks much better.
I ordered a 4” micro usb cable to get rid of some of the wire clutter underneath. Probably could use a 2” but 4” was the shortest I could locate.
Does anyone know if that power port turns off after a period of time or is it always hot??
18CDD2C7-DC7C-45C0-9659-F0596110F025.jpeg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick trip through the touchless car cash and then spent an hour cleaning all the glass inside and out.

Does anyone know if that power port turns off after a period of time or is it always hot??
View attachment 27689

I don't know about that one specifically, but the one in the center stack on the 3rd gen is always hot. Same for all my previous Fords. So my educated guess would be that it's always hot.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I like the power port on the expedition best, has the highest amperage... makes charging on a phone super quick

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Warming it up now, its gonna be the first time I drive it in well over a month since I last touched it. Surprised it even started too figured the battery would be dead sitting that long