'18 Expedition Platinum vs '18 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've owned GM forever and prefer GM, but this isn't even close. Read to reviews, watch the videos, look for yourself.

The Gator and Expy are light years ahead of them all. And they are getting well deserved kudos from everyone.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we bought our first SUV we went with Ford because they didn't take the government bailout. Can't say I'll only ever buy a Ford, but I can say I'll never by a GM.

You do realize that GM plaid back ALL the money they borrowed plus interest? The government actually made money on that deal, not the other way around.

Kevink109

Reaction score
You do realize that GM plaid back ALL the money they borrowed plus interest? The government actually made money on that deal, not the other way around.

Actually no- taxpayers lost about 11 billion on the total GM bailout- from Townhall and George Mason University Law School professor Todd Zywicki

" In addition to the $2.5 billion taxpayers lost on Ally Financial, they also lost $11.2 billion on the GM bailout and $2.9 billion on the Chrysler bailout."

"the UAW subsidies forced on GM and Chrysler by Obama cost taxpayers $26.5 billion"

Not to mention the loss of GM bondholders of roughly 27 billion dollars- to say the GM bailout was anything other than a government disaster is not correct

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Regardless of whether or not they paid everyone back (hint-they didn’t), it’s un-American for a company to take taxpayer funds. This wasn’t something caused by terrorism or war, it was caused by mismanagement, pure and simple. When one company receives government funds over another, it gives them an unfair competitive advantage. We are the country we are because we live in a mostly capitalistic society. Other car companies would have become stronger if GM had failed or been privately restructured. I know there are plenty of other examples of governments propping up poorly management companies, GM is just the most egregious example.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of whether or not they paid everyone back (hint-they didn’t), it’s un-American for a company to take taxpayer funds. This wasn’t something caused by terrorism or war, it was caused by mismanagement, pure and simple. When one company receives government funds over another, it gives them an unfair competitive advantage. We are the country we are because we live in a mostly capitalistic society. Other car companies would have become stronger if GM had failed or been privately restructured. I know there are plenty of other examples of governments propping up poorly management companies, GM is just the most egregious example.

Capitalism works. GM should have been left out on their own. They would have been bought up and pieced out or restructured, the govt shouldn’t have got involved.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were to big to let fail at that time. Would have been catastrophic during the economic disaster of 08

They wouldn’t have failed that’s not how our system works. Competitors would have bought out the pieces if they couldn’t reorganize and have their debts forgiven. Nothing is too big to fail and the govt had no place doing what they did. Instead the govt waisted billions and piles on debt. The dems in our govt don’t understand good deals and efficiency, hence they aren’t very efficient and very anti business.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Of course, given the discounting on the GM products vs the lack of discounting on the Fords, the real question seems to be Expedition Limited vs Yukon Denali...

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, If the government would have NOT done TARP, most banks would have failed too, and life would have sucked more.

It all depends on what numbers you look at, but in the end people will believe what they want to believe, either way, which is fine by me!

U.S. ends TARP with $15.3 billion profit
http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/19/news/companies/government-bailouts-end/index.html

TARP, was signed into action by President Bush,Not Obama. that was to relieve the financial industry of “toxic” assets and investments, to an extent it was good. The Fed bought up these bad investments to relieve to banks. But saving GM from its terrible mismanagement is no good for capitalism, it sets an example that corps don’t have to stay competitive and the govt will bail them out if there big enough. Either way let’s not continue the conversation I just believe in the business cycle and am not a fan of the govt overstepping. There is no profit in bailing out financial institutions and corporations, put that focus on their own deficit and watch their own numbers because news flash to them they stink, they are worse than GMs mismanagement. Only difference is the govt. can lie and cheat and steal and print money all day, GM can’t. We put many protections in place after round one in the depression and we didn’t even exercise them to see how they’d work, we over reacted and printed money like crazy and bailed everyone out. It’s all a slippery slope. Done with my rant.

Last edited: