Another retrofit started. RX350!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
edizzle, I just deleted my immature response. Sorry for dumping on you. No excuses, I was rude. Sorry. Glad you’re on here...the more the merrier when it comes to Expedition owners. We’re a fun and weird bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
My current set is chrome reflector and shroud. The new shroud is black so I'm thinking I may paint the reflector also.

Fyi I value your opinion and appreciate the support!

Knox GSL

Reaction score
Wanna make a set for me? I don't do much driving at night other than low speed in the burbs but when needed they'll be there.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Wanna make a set for me? I don't do much driving at night other than low speed in the burbs but when needed they'll be there.

To be honest its kind of a headache sometimes and generally only build for myself. I'm not a business so I'm not insured and if something we're to go wrong during the build I'd be on the hook for that. It's also pretty labor intensive and I can't devote a ton of time to ensure a quick turn around. That being said let me wrap what I'm doing now and we can talk about it more

Knox GSL

Reaction score
To be honest its kind of a headache sometimes and generally only build for myself. I'm not a business so I'm not insured and if something we're to go wrong during the build I'd be on the hook for that. It's also pretty labor intensive and I can't devote a ton of time to ensure a quick turn around. That being said let me wrap what I'm doing now and we can talk about it more
That's cool, I just need a parts list and some time. I'm never out if projects at my house.
Trans change on both trucks, install new attic stairs, finish tiling a bathroom, clean garage, install new deck, install new landscaping...............then fix non broken headlights on the expy. I'll watch this to the end and see what you come up with. Much respect and thanks.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd be interested in the same. I think I'd buy a set of headlights from a scrap yard or something for practice and/or to have backups if I screw something up, though.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I'd be interested in the same. I think I'd buy a set of headlights from a scrap yard or something for practice and/or to have backups if I screw something up, though.

There's not really a lot that can be screwed up and this is more of an advanced mounting method than some of the others out there. Any projector with the threaded shaft would make it ten times easier but they don't always have the best output like these ones do. I may end up selling the reflectors with my threaded shaft projectors when I'm done. it wouldn't be the entire headlight just the inside reflector with projector and can pretty much be dropped in any 7/14 Expedition by just disassembling the headlight housing and aligned.

My worries about doing them for money is shipping. It happens a lot that things get screwed up in shipping and they can take a long time to be reimbursed for stuff like that which the Builder would be on the hook for until the reimbursement happens

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
The H1mini, mini D2s and G5-R/EL/EXL are the best threaded shaft options available at the moment. All can be found through
Lightwerkz.net

There's really no other parts needed if you order a kit from lightwerkz with the exception of some JB Weld to lock things into place

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The H1mini, mini D2s and G5-R/EL/EXL are the best threaded shaft options available at the moment. All can be found through
Lightwerkz.net

There's really no other parts needed if you order a kit from lightwerkz with the exception of some JB Weld to lock things into place

I took your advice and hit up lightwerkz for some info on their kits. I got 2 e-mails back; not really sure how to interpret what was said by the 2 different techs who responded.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I took your advice and hit up lightwerkz for some info on their kits. I got 2 e-mails back; not really sure how to interpret what was said by the 2 different techs who responded.

If you wanna message me what they said I'd be happy to explain it for you