The "Auto Stop-Start" is so annoying!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
Just tried using FORScan v2.3.28 on my brand new 2019 Expedition to disable ASS. The FORScan tool says "additional change required in IPC" next to the Auto Stop Start option toggle. I toggled it to disabled and ASS.

ASS is disabled after this change, however I get a "Charging System Service Soon" message on startup that I have to clear by hitting OK. Changing ASS back to enabled in FORScan no longer triggers the charging system error, but I'm obviously back to square one.

How does one make the change in the IPC referenced in FORScan, or is that something that is not currently possible with the existing FORScan version? (I do have the extended license)

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!
This doesn't help other than add context .. but I know from my experience with big Xerox printers that NVM (non volatile memory) values that control features/functions/timing/whatever are often done in multiple memory locations. A Xerox tech bulletin would say "change this location to that value & also change this location to this value if you want ABC or that value if you want DEF", etc. It was all tightly controlled by the Engineers. They don't want customers fiddling with those values. I'm sure you figured that out but its a black magic area. When you change a value you essentially change the software that's running the machine. I think it could be compared to the Registry in Windows.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why is turning it off with button at start so bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s just annoying. Same as if you had to turn a button to ‘off’ every time you got in the car to keep the horn from honking every 3 seconds.

Therabbittree

Reaction score
I normally use sport mode and it auto shuts off auto start. Still need to switch to 2H then though.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why is turning it off with button at start so bad?

I wonder this too lol Idk where the button is for the Expy but in the navi it’s right next to the e brake and I always engage it so I’m right there anyway to disengage...so hitting the ASS button is just second nature to me now.

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder this too lol Idk where the button is for the Expy but in the navi it’s right next to the e brake and I always engage it so I’m right there anyway to disengage...so hitting the ASS button is just second nature to me now.

I'm assuming you guys are retired, or something that you have all this spare time on your hands! lol

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm assuming you guys are retired, or something that you have all this spare time on your hands! lol
I mean, sorta. I’m a 42 yr old stay at home dad... I have two toddlers. I used some of my spare time to time how long it took from me to press the ASS button... it was about 2 thousandths of a second. I think my spare time is safe.

For real though... does the Expy not have a convenient button to push? The navi has one right next to the e brake which is right next to the drive mode knob. In the time it would take me to disable this feature in FOREscan I could press that button every time I drive the vehicle for the entirety of its ownership and still have time to spare.