The "Auto Stop-Start" is so annoying!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FORScan is a much easier and elegant solution. Turn off AS/S in the software and no annoying light constantly illuminated on the center console. A little AS/S icon shows up in the dash display at the left lower corner, very unobtrusive and only when stopped in traffic.

The other nice thing is I can always turn it back on if I want too but I can’t fathom a reason why I would want to. If only this $99 wiring harness would allow the AS/S button light to come on when you engage the system rather than constantly on due to disengagement. I’m glad there’s a solution but for $99, that seems pretty pricey for a few wires and a constant off relay.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite things about the tune I just got. No light, no auto stop.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. I don’t mind the start stop. I’ve found that when I don’t want it to engage, I press the brake only enough to hold the truck. You actually have to push the brake pretty deep to get it to engage. At least on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. I don’t mind the start stop. I’ve found that when I don’t want it to engage, I press the brake only enough to hold the truck. You actually have to push the brake pretty deep to get it to engage. At least on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. It's pretty easy to keep the truck from turning off if you don't want it to.

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, right wrong or indifferent, I just installed the wrap-around wiring plug to correct this A.S.S. issue. Wasn't too difficult and took about 40 minutes. I watched the video on their website, then followed the steps in the instructions, and it works as advertised. Maybe there's an easier way to address the problem, but this wiring harness worked well for me.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I forgot to turn my ASS off yesterday and had a moment of panic at the first red light I encountered... first time in forever I’ve done that....

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have my 2018 Expy and cannot get used to the Auto Start-Stop. I can't wait for a work-around!
It could be worse, at least it is defeatable on the dashboard, unlike GM where their designers figured they were smarter than the average driver regarding STOP/START!! And just wait, I read the 2020 Explorer (it will spread to the Expedition likely) will have sensors to visually read speed limit signs and keep your max speed to a few miles over those signs! Of course if that means a carjacker or other thug chasing your $80,000 SUV wants to run you off the road, guess your Ford and your family are at their mercy. It is sad to see vehicle designers feel they know more than the average driver!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69