Piece of junk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
-the drive side door panel arm rest creaks and cracks like a mother anytjme you drive over bumps or lean your knee against it

The drivers side door panel is a known issue on here and several fixes have been suggested. As fast as I can tell it’s limited to the Limited trim. You may take a look at some other threads to get an idea of how to address it.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One other complaint but I know is just the way the vehicle is is that man this vehicle is a rough ride at low speeds on back bumpy roads... I've had cars lowered on cheapy coilovers that were about the same ride quality..

Try sport mode out. It firms up the shocks and puts it in 4x4 auto. Makes a huge difference off roading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad my armrest on my limited doesn’t creak and rattle. Have no issues with the panoramic moon roof or anything else. Only thing Iv’e had was the goofy side mirror clicking/popping when changing presets and it seems to be fixed after I took it in and they reprogrammed the mirror module.

The CCD suspension seems to help immensely for bumpy roads compared to the XLTs I’ve driven. But sport mode does indeed help for dirt road/ off road. The Max especially has a serious case of chunky-butt and the ride off-road isn’t great, especially in the rear. Although I think that’s a big part of the trade-off for how nice it rides most everywhere else. Not sure what can be done there, save for Ford going with a fully dynamic and adjustable suspension setup. Some aftermarket suspension upgrades are showing up and I would definitely be interested if I had a non-CCD setup. For now I’m going to wait and see what else comes along. That said, it rides nicer than any Escalade, Yukon XL, etc.. I’ve ever driven. I plan to keep it for a while.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The drivers side door panel is a known issue on here and several fixes have been suggested. As fast as I can tell it’s limited to the Limited trim. You may take a look at some other threads to get an idea of how to address it.

It’s limited to the limited...teehee

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions all, I'll give these things a shot :)

I think the other thing people have to understand (which I do) who are coming from vehicles like I did in a highlander and 4runner is that those vehicles are near the end of their body style lifecycle... most gen4 expeditions on the road right now are the first model year for this body style. It's going to take time to work out the bugs lol. The early 3rd gen Tacomas weren't without their problems either!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's going to take time to work out the bugs lol.
While I 100% agree with this I still read about these bugs popping up on this forum and hope I get lucky and don’t have to deal with one... actually I had the haunted mirror issue so maybe that will be my only bug.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There doesnt seem to be many issues on the navi forums, however, when they do pop up(the revel system wht noise, the 30 way seat, engine rattle, phantom tailgate and lights, leds lights goin out) the owners pretty much drop the truck for somethin else.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Artie Say it isn't true... ;)
It would take a massive issue for me to walk away. The worst issue I’ve had to date is one of the lumbar sections on the 30 way seat has a slight squeak in it and they haven’t figured out a fix yet and replacing that section didn’t fix it. It’s a mild annoyance that’s drowned out by the vehicles warm embrace of luxury....it’s like a amours hug from a beautiful woman. . . . What was I talking about again?

oh yeah, walking away. Yeah, that sounds like burning cash and I like to avoid that regardless of what my wife says about any of my hobbies. Besides, there isn’t much out there that meets our needs like this Navigator does. I wish it had a little more off road prowess but it meets our needs and then some. My wife is interested in the Bronco for a more off road flavor vehicle so she may get one of those if we like it.