2021 Tahoe/Suburban being announced today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love the exhaust.
I'd be interested in seeing their stripped down municipal & police version.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The drive comparison was between the new top-trim Tahoe with the air suspension and magnaride set-up and a Ltd Expi. I'd be SHOCKED if the Expi had the CCD set-up.

Why would you be shocked? I kindof think they did use one with ccd since the std setup doesnt bounce around much.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would you be shocked? I kindof think they did use one with ccd since the std setup doesnt bounce around much.

I was more thinking his comments re cornering. I would also expect them to pick the competitor’s set up that shows their product in the best light. But maybe I’m jaded haha

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea im thinkin that 2...it wouldnt be hard for ford to retune the suspension to make it ride better. And they can add their own air suspension, they have one in house already.

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had higher expectations on the 2021 design... it just dosnt look new on the outside , its almost like a new face-lift version. Im glad I didn't wait for this new "Face-lift Version" and got my 19 Expedition Stealth instead!!! Im feeling GOOD!

Agreed, same overall shape as last generation. Look like a facelift with new grille and lights. Expedition was a truly new vehicle. Maybe GM is saving the better styling for Yukon Denali and Escalade. As for Suburban/Tahoe, the current gen are much better looking than this atrocity.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed, same overall shape as last generation. Look like a facelift with new grille and lights. Expedition was a truly new vehicle. Maybe GM is saving the better styling for Yukon Denali and Escalade. As for Suburban/Tahoe, the current gen are much better looking than this atrocity.

I posted a link to the escalade in an earlier post.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
TFL truck is reporting that the Diesel isn't available in the Z71. The air suspension is only available in the High Country and Z71 models. The 3rd row leg room in the Tahoe is a couple inches of less than the Suburban. Also doesn't look like the captians chairs in the 2nd row tip to allow a car seat to stay buckled like the Expy. Saying that even the Tahoe has more cargo space behind 1st row than the Expedition Max, which seems hard to believe. Must have a taller ceiling or something. One nice idea is that ALL models have LED headlights and tail lights. Ford needs to follow suit on the headlight issue and make everything LED based on the price of the Expy.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2018+ Expedition has a lower overall height to roofline, this reduced cargo capacity. The 3rd gen Expedition EL has quite a bit more cargo capacity than a 4th gen MAX. 43 cubic feet vs 34 cubic feet. If the Sub is similar on roof height it makes sense with the added wheelbase.

Last edited: